University of Muhammadiyah Makassar in its each commitment, it not only try to improve the reputation and facilities of academic success support process, but also strived to produce graduates who are weighted and ready to participate into the workplace. Therefore, in addition to providing a curriculum that is suitable with the latest development in the workplace, it is also provided various opportunities for students to foster skills that will be needed in the workplace.
Preparing students for the “real” life gate after they graduate is the first and main thing. The University of Muhammadiyah Makassar notices that the present day: “hard skill is necessary but is not sufficient”, we need a complement which is known “soft skill”.
Complementing the needs of the students’ “soft skill”, University of Muhammadiyah Makassar presents various extracurricular activities that can be used as complementary activities that are suitable with students’ needs and preferences. Thus, the presence of students on campus not only spend time to attend lectures, lab work, execution of duties and exams, research and other academic activities, but also given the widest opportunity to live the campus life naturally through the existed extracurricular activities.
The activeness of students in extracurricular activities is the hope and effort of non-academic learning that can give the effect of rapidly adapting habituation, accustomed to socializing, accustomed to compete, and expand relations and communication network.
The existence of extracurricular activities at the University of Muhammadiyah Makassar is an effort to meet the needs, passions, and also as a mental coaching to make the students have various skills, have the initiative, and independently.
The student organization and extracurricular activities or better known as the existing Student Activity Unit (UKM) are as follows:
- Muhammadiyah Student Association (IMM)
- Student Executive Board (BEM)
Student Activity Units
- UKM of Kepanduan Hizbul Wathan
- UKM of Martial Arts of Tapak Suci Putera Muhammadiyah
- UKM of Observer of Nature and Environment (PAHALA)
- UKM of Sports: Futsal, Volly Ball, Basketball, Table Tennis, Badminton, Takrow, Chess
- UKM of Arts and Culture of Talas: Theater, Dance, Literature, Music, Fine Arts and Design, Photography, Film (Cinema Talas 9)
- UKM of Korps Sukarela Palang Merah Indonesia (KSR-PMI) Unit 114
- UKM of Institute for Student Scientific Creativity Research and Reasoning (LKIM-PENA)
- UKM of Lembaga Pers Mahasiswa Corong
- UKM of Language
- UKM of Football