To be a superior and reliable Islamic Economic Study Program in the field of education, research, and community service as well as upholding Islamic values
- Implementing educational and teaching processes that prioritize the improvement of quality and professionalism in the field of Islamic economics;
- Facilitating lecturers and students to improve the quantity and quality of research and community service in the field of Islamic economics;
- Implementing the Islamic economic learning process that prioritizes Islamic values;
- Conducting cooperation in the process of learning, research, and community service for both government agencies and private institutions.
- Producing scholars who master Islamic economics comprehensively;
- Producing human resources that have the Islamic character and entrepreneurial spirit;
- Producing researches in the field of development of theory, policy, system, Economic practice and Islamic finance;
- Developing the economic model of people in the form of Islamic microfinance institutions to grow Islamic-based business;
- Cooperating with government and private agencies in strengthening education, teaching, research, and community service in the field of Islamic economics.
Based on the competency standards set by the Islamic Economics Study Program, graduates are directed to be professionals in economics with Islamic principles. For example: Islamic Financial Institutions, Islamic Financial Institutions in the form of Syariah Banking, Non-Bank Syariah Financial Institutions in the form of Islamic Insurance, Islamic Pawnshop, Islamic Investment Institution, Charity and Alms Fund Management Institution, Baitul Mal wat Tamwil, Islamic Financial Services Cooperative and also directed in the field of Academics, Practitioners, Research/Consultant, Bureaucracy (Offices), Observers of Islamic Economics, Entrepreneurs and so on.
The Islamic Economics Study Program has an important and strategic role for the development of Islamic Economics, Islamic Banking, Islamic Financial Services Cooperative and other Islamic Business around the world.
These are the opportunities and challenges of the Islamic Economic Study Program to continue to engage and play a role in socializing, instilling Islamic Economics values for the wider community through qualified graduates who are produced.