Organizational Culture which is meant in the management of Muhammadiyah University of Makassar is a philosophy that is upheld by the Muhammadiyah University of Makassar and become a model of all members of the organization based on the views of life as values that become attributes, habits, and also the stimulus to be culture in carrying out duties and responsibilities which is reflected in attitudes, behaviors, and actions to achieve the Purpose, Vision and Mission of Muhammadiyah University of Makassar.
Organizational Culture applied at Muhammadiyah University of Makassar is Integrity, Professional, and Entrepreneurship.
The integrity is consistent and unshakable firmness in upholding the values applied in the organization that becomes the overall description of the individual members of the organization. Integrity value is like the “Life” of the organization. Therefore, this value becomes first and foremost to be possessed, lived, and practiced by every academicians of Muhammadiyah University of Makassar embodied in the attitude: honest, ethical, responsible, fair, dignified, and trustworthy, one word and action, have a sense of belonging and trustworthy to the university, maintaining propriety and reputation of the institution, appreciate the parties who have been render a service to Muhammadiyah University of Makassar.
In addition, Integrity is perfected based on an Islamic perspective measured from a pure faith, right worship, solid morality, physical strength, insight, against negative passions, good at keeping time, organized in all matters, independent, and beneficial to others.
Integrity is clarified in the QS. An Nahl: 91-92, which means: “And fulfill the covenant of Allah when you have taken it, [O believers], and do not break oaths after their confirmation while you have made Allah, over you, a witness. Indeed, Allah knows what you do. And do not be like she who untwisted her spun thread after it was strong [by] taking your oaths as [means of] deceit between you because one community is more plentiful [in number or wealth] than another community. Allah only tries you thereby. And He will surely make clear to you on the Day of Resurrection that over which you used to differ.”
Professional refers to all employees and lecturers of Muhammadiyah University of Makassar have the high ability, skill and expertise in conducting the profession/work in accordance with their expertise. Professional that must possessed by employees of Muhammadiyah University of Makassar are :
- Skill, the employees must be really expert in their field;
- Knowledge, they must be able to master, minimally insightful about other sciences related to their field;
- Attitude, they are not just smart, but they must have the ethics applied in their field.
Characteristics of Professional Employees
- Have the high ability and knowledge;
- Have ethics code;
- Have high professional and integrity responsibilities;
- Have the spirit of community service;
- Have good skills in work program planning;
- Become an organization member of his/her profession.
Professional in Islam is strongly recommended on the basis of important points in the Holy Qur’an and Hadist who work professionally, such as:
- Working according to ability or capacity (Qs Al An’am: 135, Az Zumar: 39 and Huud: 93);
- Working with the best results (Qs. Al Mulk: 2);
- Working based on expertise area (Qs. Al Isra: 84);
- Working suitably and worthy (Qs: an Nahl: 97, Al Anbiya ‘: 94, and Al Zalzalah: 7);
- If a matter is given not to the experts then wait for its destruction (H Bukhari).
Furthermore, in another verse, Islam encourages its people to:
- Have honesty (Qs. al Ahzaab: 23-24);
- Cooperation and help each other in goodness (Qs. Al Maidah: 2);
- Working responsibly because it is always being watched by Allah (Almighty God), the Prophet and the community (Qs. At Taubah: 105);
- Simple and no exaggeration (Qs. al A’raaf: 13, Al-Israa’: 29, Al Furqaan: 67, and Ar Rahman: 7-8);
- Diligent and work hard (Qs. Al Jumu’ah: 10);
- Discipline (Qs. Al-Hasyr: 7);
- Be careful in acting and making decisions (Qs. Al Hujurat: 6);
- Compete in goodness (Qs. Al-Baqarah: 148, Al Maidah: 48);
- Honest and trustworthy (Qs. An Nisa’: 58, Al Baqarah: 283, Al Mu’minun: 8).
Entrepreneurship is something that is in the self that gives encouragement and makes us always move forward, want to have a better future. The essence of entrepreneurship is to innovate continuously, independently, visionary, creative, realistic, courageous to take risks, never give up, and independent.
To support the Organizational Culture, it is framed by the principle :
“Sipakainge, Sipakalebbi, Sipakatau”
“Resofa Temmangingi Namalomo Naletei Fammasena DewataE”