Expenses of study at the University of Muhammadiyah Makassar are arranged in the Semester Credit System. The semester credit system is a system of rewards to expense of the study with the following provisions:
- The expense of students learning is stated in the magnitude of semester credit units (SKS).
- One academic year consists of two semesters, i.e., the odd semester and the even semester.
- Each semester consists of 16 (sixteen) weeks of lectures or effective face to face meeting.
- One credit is equal to 160 (one hundred and sixty) minutes per week of learning activities and the study implementation for the credit is 50 minutes of face to face for scheduled and structured lecture which is added the self-employment tasks for as many as 16 times in one semester.
- Each course has at least 1 (one) credit (SKS).
- One credit in the form of seminar learning or other similar forms include face to face learning activities for 100 (one hundred) minutes per week and per semester, and self-learning activities for 60 (sixty) minutes per week and per semester.
- One credit in the form of learning lab, studio practice, workshop practice, field training, research, community service, and/or other equivalent forms of learning, is 160 (one hundred and sixty) minutes per week and per semester.